Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New found appreciation for teachers!

I told Lacee she could have a little friend party for her birthday this year. It started out with ten of her little girl friends from her class plus Wayland who lives next door. Pretty soon it ended up being the whole class - 21 in all, because she couldn't leave anybody out. So a bowling party was planned for Tuesday, February 10th, right after school. I asked my friend, Becca, who is also Wayland's mom, to come and help me and thank goodness she did! She saved me from having to repay the bowling alley for damages that I'm sure would of happened. :) Twenty 4-5-6 year olds showed up and then all hell broke loose. We had rented two lanes and so they had to line up to bowl one time and then get in the back of the line and there were many arguements and jumping in line, but Becca handled them really well. Jessica and Kaden came to help out and I told Kaden he was in charge of making sure no one escaped into the parking lot (he did let 3 escape, but we caught them before they got to the parking lot!) Jessica was in charge of keeping order every where else. I think that was good birth control for her.

Thankfully, everybody survived and nobody got lost or stolen. And guess what? I forgot my camera! Ya me, who always has her camera with her, forgot it. But I have great appreciation for Mrs. Edwards, her pre-school teacher, who has to handle these kids every day! Wow, she has the patience of a saint, because I could not do that every day. And I don't think there is going to be another birthday party for Lacee for a long time. I don't have the patience for that!

1 comment:

  1. You must be getting old. It sounds like quite the party. I have done that bowling party before. Rylie wonders why she always gets "Family Only" parties. I think it was the bowling party that sent me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete