Friday, October 23, 2009

Update 10-23-09 10:00am

Kaden had a really good night and slept well the nurses said. He has drained off 1-1/2 liters of "spam-like" junk out of his chest tubes. That is what the Dr. said it looked like! He still is breathing through a ventilator, but the nurses said they were going to do some trials today with him breathing on his own for a while to see how he does and hopefully we can get that breathing tube out of him tomorrow. The Dr. says his lungs look great, its just that the infection is around the lungs, in between them and the "plura." I hope I get this medical terminology right! He is on heavy doses of antibiotics, so hopefully they can do their job.

Jessica is here with me today so Scott could go spend some time with Lacee, who is feeling pretty neglected by her parents. She got have a sleepover at Shay's last night. I hope Shay got some sleep :)

When the anesthesia wore off last night, he was gesturing to Jessica and she thought he was gesturing "I love you" and she said "I love you too" and he shook his head No and continued to gesture like he was throwing a ball and then patting himself on the chest, so I thought he wanted to know if the Yankees won, so I told him "no they lost" and again he shook his head no, so I said "your football game?" and he nodded his head yes! So after all that, he just wanted to know if his buddies had won their football game. We have been laughing about it all morning.

So today I is just a wait and see how he does day. Thanks everybody for everything and I will keep everybody updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment