Monday, October 26, 2009

10:00 pm 10-26-09

Ugh..I spoke too soon. Kaden is running a fever tonight and doesn't feel to good. They did a chest x-ray and it is showing some more fluid. The Dr. is going to consult with the Infectious Disease Team and see what they suggest they do next. He said three things: iv antibiotics, which he is already on, putting 2 new chest tubes in again but in different places or surgery to go scrap it out. So basically we are at square 1 again. He is really down in the dumps tonight so I took him for a ride in a wheelchair around the hospital and then we are going to walk for awhile. I hope there is good news tomorrow. This is a hard road to go on. Your emotions are all over the place.

I had to go find a store tonight to buy some stuff and this really nice U of U student let me use her Smith's Fresh Values card and get 5% off. That was really nice of her and I so appreciated it.

I am staying with Kaden tonight in our little room. I can't say enough good things about the nurses here at Primary Children's. They are awesome.

Anyway, I will update tomorrow when we find out what we are doing next. We were hoping to be home at least by this Friday, but I'm not even going to think of home yet. Let's get Kaden better and then get him home.

Thanks everybody :) Pray for Kaden .... I think we need all we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment