Thursday, October 22, 2009

Update 10-22-09 7:50pm

We found the computers at Primary Childrens so I thought I would update while we were not allowed in to the ICU.
Please let anyone that wants to know whats going on to this blog and me or Bobi will update as we go through this journey.

First of all, Kaden is doing ok. He is comfortable and does know who we are and gestures to us. The nurse got him a write board and the first thing he wrote on it was "When do I get to go home?" So he still has his wits about him! He is on a ventilator but they have it so it makes him breathe on his own along with the machine.

Um... I just heard from the surgeon and they are going to remove the one chest tube and put in two new chest tubes - one on each side. Pray that this works, because if this don't work, they have to do surgery to scrap it out and we don't want this to happen. They told me that I couldn't go back till 8:30 pm to see him now so I will let everyone know if this worked.

Primary Children's Hospital is an amazing place. This is where he needs to be. We are struggling to understand how come this happens to a healthy, strong 14 year old kid. We have had phone calls and text messages all day from people who are concerned about Kaden and it makes me feel so great that we have such good friends and family.

I will let Bobi know so she can update as soon as I can get in there to see him! Thanks everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment