Monday, August 3, 2009

Zions National Park Camping Trip 2009

I finally have a few minutes to upload some pictures from the last few weeks. Over the 24th of July weekend, Scott and I and the kids and Mike and Bobi and the kids and Shay went camping down by Zions National Park at a place called Zion Ponderosa Resort. The 4 hour drive from Delta was uneventful until we got to the resort to check in. I went in to the office to check us in and the girl at the desk gave me all of the paperwork I needed and then told me that we were in "Tent Site 7." "Tent Site 7?" I said, "I'm supposed to be in the RV park, not a tent site with NO hookups!" And then she said, "Did you book over the internet?" and I said, "Yes, I did. So did the Pace family that is camping with us." So she looked them up and they, too, were in a tent site. Come to find out, if you book over the internet, and they don't have any RV spots left, it will automatically kick you into the tent site. Well that would be just fine if I was a tent camper, which I am not! I told the girl that we just pulled a 28 foot trailer for 4 hours and I want a RV spot, two of them to be exact! I was getting a little frustrated with the desk clerk when Scott walked in to see what was taking so long and I told him what was going on, so a guy came to see what the ruckus was about and said, "hey, we have two spots available in the staff RV park, come with me and have a look and see if they will be okay." So Scott went with him and came back and said, "other than overlooking the sewer ponds, they will be okay." So we went and got parked and set up and waited for Mike and Bobi to come. Our spot was really weedy, so we brought Shay to weed! Just kidding, we didn't bring her just to be our maid!


It turned out to be a fun place to go for the kids. They had a zipline, horseback riding, swimming, a petting zoo, rock climbing, an awesome swimming pool and hot tub and paintball. They also had a day camp for kids ages 4 to 11, so me and Bobi put Lacee and Brendan in it and they had a ball. They got to do all the activities throughout the day and the next day, Lacee asked me if they could go to day camp again. We all went on the zipline. Here are some pictures from that:
This is Brendan on the zipline

And here is Lacee on the zipline
Here is Mike

And this is Shay on the zipline

Shay was just a tad bit nervous as you can see from her form!
Kaden, Jalen and Shay went paintballing one afternoon and then the boys talked their dads into going the next day. They had a good time. Kaden and Jalen kicked their butts!
McKenna, Jalen, Kaden and Shay went on an hour horseback ride and came back a little saddle sore!
Gary, Sharlene, Cassady and Cassady's friend Mary drove down on Friday and ate dinner with us and then drove on through the park to the condo in St. George
On Saturday, we went to Zions Park and rode the shuttle up the canyon. It is so pretty there. Here we are walking up the trail to "Weeping Rock."


Shay, Jessica, McKenna, Kaden and Jalen on a bridge at Zions.It turned out to be a fun trip for everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Besides the stress it sounded like a bunch of fun!! I have always wanted to go on a zip line!! I think I'll have to load up my family and go:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, you should go over there. It was so much fun! The zip line was awesome!

    ReplyDelete