Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello family.....

Strawberry Jr. at the St. George Tournament.
A view from the top of the Empire State Building

Kaden and I had the best time on our trip to the East Coast. We flew into Washington D.C. and spent three days seeing all the sights there and then we drove to Balitimore and spent an afternoon there and then on to Philadephia for 2 days, then we went to New York City. We got to go to a Phillies game in Philadelphia and Phantom of the Opera while we were in New York. I'm going to have to watch the movie of Phantom cuz I didn't get it at all and all of the boys were asleep when they turned the lights on! I conquered by fear of heights (kinda!) when I actually went out onto the observation deck of the Empire State Building and looked out over the city on all four sides! There were 39 of us that went - 1 teacher, 9 moms and 29 kids. We had a great time! Kaden at the Phillies game. And notice he is wearing a Phillies shirt! He didn't think he should wear anything with the Yankees on it or we probably wouldn't have made it outta there alive :) But Ryan Howard, who plays 1st base for the Phillies, is his second most favorite player and so his shirt has "Howard" on the back.
This is Melissa, me and Toddy at the Phillies game!


Scott, Jessica and Lacee all survived without me, but Lacee sure was glad to see me Wednesday morning when she got up! She told me to bring her back a doll and a purse and she was excited to see what we brought back. I would recommend this trip to anyone. It was nice to have everything taken care of and all we had to do was follow along.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome trip! The view from the top of the ESB is beautiful. It's nice to know things didn't fall apart at home without you-mine can hardly stand if I go to the grocery store alone!!

    ReplyDelete