Sunday, February 28, 2010

Copper

We had a great day of skiing today and even took Brendan for his first lessons. I will post pictures later. Everyone had a great time.

About a half hour after we got home, Copper came upstairs, laid down on the floor and passed away. He has had heart problems for several months and his heart just finally stopped beating. I'm grateful he waited until we got home and I'm so glad he went that way so I didn't have to make the decision to make it happen. Unfortunately, Mike wasn't here to tell him goodbye.
We will miss our dog that loved us so much and that has been a part of our lives for 15 years.

Copper 1994-2010

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Copper. He has been with you guys since before your kids. It's amazing how they become members of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry-it's really tough when you lose a faithful pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry:( It made me cry to hear he passed away, but it is probably for the best. That's a shame Mike wasn't home to say goodbye, but at least the rest of you were there! I can't believe he is gone... He has always just been around. I hope you guys are doing ok. Love you!

    ReplyDelete