Monday, April 13, 2009

In memory of Mom 10-3-28 ... 4-14-02



"They whom we love and lose are no longer where they were before. They are now wherever we are."

It has been 7 years ago today that we last got to talk to Mom. Seven years and it seems like just yesterday, but yet it also feels like it has been forever ago. I think of her everyday and I miss her. I think of her every spring when the lilacs are blooming and I think of her every time I go to fix potato salad and it doesn't quite taste like it's supposed too. I still can't get macaroni salad to taste like hers! I can't believe we didn't have her write down that recipe! What were we thinking?? I think of her everytime I see a green car like hers. And how she would go get her hair done every Friday at ten, no matter what! I wish I could do my hair and it would last a week! And I can't do a crossword puzzle or play solitaire without thinking of her. Oh, and remember her banana nut bread, lemon meringue pie and banana cream pie?

I love this picture of her. I think it is a very pretty picture of her. You sure can see where Shay comes from! Same eyes.

I hope she is looking down on us from heaven and is proud of her kids and grandkids. I hope her and Dad are keeping an eye on everybody and watching their grandkids excel in their activities, but I wish they were here in person to watch them!

I wish she was here to just talk to once in awhile. Sometimes you just need your mother's opinion about things and she sure had one about everything! I would have loved to talk to her about Barack Obama and hearing her arguing her side with Steve and Gary. She would have won ya know. :)

Sorry I'm just blabbing along, and as Bobi puts it, "Jodi is emotional again!" This week is going to be just one long emotional week for me, so bear with me everybody! I will get through it and be a whole new person next week :)

Our hearts go out to Uncle Van's family as they deal with his passing this week. I'm glad that Dad & Mom, Uncle Golden & Aunt Sal and Aunt Carole are finally letting him in to their club!

4 comments:

  1. It's okay to babble and be emotional!!! That was very nice Jodi. I agree, I really like that picture of her and I really like that quote. It's the memories that keep people close to our heart! I miss her too. There is so much I wish I could ask her now that I never did before.
    And, as always, your family is here to help you get through the emotional times with some pranks and laughter!! Enjoy your birthday!! It's better than not turning 40!!
    Love, Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are struggling this week Jodi, but remember you are only as old as you feel. Don't ever grow up in your mind. That's why I am so crazy...I am only 18 in my mind.

    Thanks for putting this tribute to Mom and Dad on here. I am sure they are proud of us. I'm not sure if Heaven can take Golden, Van and Mom all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the birthday wishes and I will eventually forgive all of you for putting a picture in the paper! At least it was a cute one :) Now I will have to find out who put the RIP signs in my yard!

    Maybe this is why we are having such weird weather this week, cuz Uncle Golden, Uncle Van and Mom are back together again! It's like the forces of nature are coming together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi - I love your Mom! I always think of her when I see another green car just like the one she drove. I loved her banana cream pies too. I really enjoyed spending time with your family when we came to visit. Your Mom and Dad always made me feel happy. Truly a fun family!

    ReplyDelete