Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today would be Dad's 85th birthday. I remember five years ago, we had a birthday party for him over at the church with all the family. Uncle Roger came and they had a good visit. Dad must have got tired of us, because he left his party early and went home :)
I miss him. I miss seeing his little black truck driving around, making his rounds at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm everyday. I never know what is going on anymore, cuz Dad isn't here to keep me updated on the neighbors!
I wish my kids could have gotten to know him more. I think he would have enjoyed watching Kaden playing baseball and football. I know him and Lacee would have been good buddies and she would have him exploring everything with her when it was warm outside. She was only 9 months old when he died, but she knows from pictures who he was. She calls him Grandpa Gene.
Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Jodi, thanks for putting this on the blog. I miss Dad too. I used to get upset when he would call me every day and wonder why I hadn't come out to see him. Now I really miss his calls, and going out to see him.

    ReplyDelete